Industry leading underground location services
Vacuum Excavation and Underground Service Locating Gold Coast & Brisbane
With Reveal Underground Services, you will receive the highest quality experience and results with our non-destructive vacuum excavation services and underground utility location services. With over a decade of experience and Before You Dig certification, you can rest assured we will provide a trustworthy, high quality service.
Vacuum Excavation: non-invasive, cost-effective, non-destructive
Reveal Underground Services is the most experienced hydro vacuum excavation servicing provider on the Gold Coast and Brisbane. We use vac trucks rather than conventional excavators/diggers. This guarantees that underground infrastructure and services are not damaged during the process. This method of non-destructive excavation is also referred to as non-destructive digging (NDD).
Vacuum excavation has several advantages, including being non-destructive, non-evasive, cost-effective, and highly accurate. This form of digging employs technology that is far more advanced than traditional excavators, with the added bonus of vac trucks being safer to work around than traditional mechanical diggers.
Get in touch
Contact Reveal Underground Services today for a free quote.
Most Recent Blog
If you are working in the vicinity of any underground assets and are looking for the most effective excavation method, it’s worth considering vacuum excavation. The method is non-destructive and allows for efficient and quick digging. But what exactly is vacuum excavation? And when can it be used?
Vacuum excavation is a non-mechanical method of excavation that is less invasive than other methods. During the process, a blast of air or water is directed onto the work site to loosen soil and break up other large pieces of debris. Once the soil has been loosened and broken up, an air vacuum is used to remove the debris from the ground. The debris is then transferred to a special tank. This soil and debris can then be transported away from the digging site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Non-destructive digging, also known as vacuum excavation or hydro excavation, offers several benefits:
● Utility Damage Prevention: It reduces the risk of damaging underground utilities, such as water pipes, gas lines, electrical cables, and telecommunication networks.
● Increased Safety: It minimises the chance of accidents, injuries, and utility strikes, providing a safer working environment.
● Time and Cost Savings: It is faster than traditional excavation methods, reducing excavation time and project delays. It eliminates the need for extensive repairs, saving time and money.
● Minimal Environmental Impact: It produces less noise, dust, and vibration compared to conventional excavation techniques, minimising disruption to the surrounding environment.
● Precise Excavation: It allows operators to selectively remove soil around utilities or sensitive areas without causing damage.
● Versatility: It can be used in various soil conditions and for different types of excavation tasks.
● Increased Efficiency: It reduces the need for manual labour-intensive excavation, improving resource allocation.
Non-destructive digging offers benefits such as utility damage prevention, increased safety, time and cost savings, minimal environmental impact, precise excavation, versatility, and increased efficiency.
Non-destructive methods for digging include hydro excavation, air excavation, soft digging with hand tools, ground penetrating radar (GPR), electromagnetic locators, and vacuum extraction. These techniques enable safe and precise excavation while avoiding damage to underground utilities or structures.
An NDD truck uses high-pressure water or air to break up the soil, while a vacuum system simultaneously removes the excavated material. This method allows for non-destructive excavation by minimising the risk of damage to underground utilities and infrastructure.